Mangalorean Chicken Curry Recipe:
Mangalorean Chicken Curry Masala:
- Heat oil in a pan and add 6-8 black pepper, 1/4 teaspoon mustard seeds, 1 1/2 tablespoon coriander seeds, 1/2 teaspoon cumin seeds, very little fenugreek seeds, 6-7 garlic cloves, 8-10 less spicy kashmir red chillies.
- Stirr and saute for a while on low flame. Now add 1 finely chopped onion and 1/2 cup grated coconut in it and mix. Saute till coconut and onion becomes light brown in colour and everything is cooked.
- Switch off the flame and allow the mixture to cool.
Mangalorean Chicken Curry Gravy:
- Till the mangalorean chicken curry masala cools down heat 2 tablespoon oil in a kadai.
- Add curry leaves.
- Add 2 chopped onions and cook till onions become soft and translucent.
- Now add chicken and little salt. Cover the lid and let chicken cook for a while.
- The mangalorean chicken Curry Masala might have cooled down now it’s time to grind it with little water and make a smooth paste for chicken curry.
- Remove the lid from the chicken and give it a stirr.
- Put grinded chicken curry masala to the chicken and mix.
- Put salt as per taste and add little water to the curry. You can also add 1/2 tea cup coconut water to the gravy. Here I m not adding it.
- Put 2 tablespoon tamarind juice to the curry.
- Cover the lid and let the chicken cook for 15 more minutes. Keep checking in between so that your chicken doesn’t burn.
- Remove the lid from the chicken and put some chopped fresh coriander leaves in the curry. Give it a stirr.
- Switch off the flame. Mangalorean chicken curry is ready to be served.
You can have mangalorean chicken curry with kori roti, neer dosa or rice.
Butter Chicken Recipe:
Marinade small pieces of chicken with turmeric powder, kashmiri red chilly powder, ginger-garlic paste and salt and let it rest for 15-20 mins. You can also use tandoori powder in Marination (optional).
After 20 mins heat oil in pan and fry marinated chicken. You don’t have to deep fry chicken just fry it and remove and keep aside.
You can also tandoor the chicken and use shredded tandoori chicken in the makhani gravy.
For Makhni or Butter Chicken Gravy:
- Roughly Chop 1 kg tomatoes, 1 1/2 tablespoon garlic cloves, 1 tablespoon ginger.
- In a pan put 1 tablespoon oil and 2 1/2 tablespoon butter.
- Add 5-6 green cardamon and very little piece of mace (optional).
- Add chopped tomatoes, stir and let it cook for 2 mins.
- Add 1 1/2 tablespoon chopped garlic, mix and let the tomatoes cook properly till it becomes soft in mashable format.
- Once tomatoes are cooked switch off the flame. Remove the tomato mixture in a vessel. Blend the tomato mixture with the help of blender or you can put the mixture in grinder and grind it but let it cool and then grind else it might burst out or you might keep a thick towel and grind but it is risky and i would suggest better allow the tomato mixture to cool down and then grind it to a smooth paste.
- Once you are done with blending or grinding of tomatoes filter or strain the puree such that puree is filtered properly and tomatoe’s skin and cardamon skin are left over.
- Now in the same pan in which we have fried chicken add 2 tablespoon butter, slit of green chilies, chopped ginger.
Now put the filtered tomato puree in it.
- Add 1 teaspoon kashmiri red chilly powder, salt, garam masala powder and let it cook for 10 minutes on slow flame.
- Now add fried chicken, 1 tablespoon sugar or honey and 1 cup cream and let it cook for 20-25 minutes.
Butter chicken (Murgh Makhani) goes well with tandoori roti, rumali roti, naan etc.
Malvani Chicken Curry Recipe:
- Heat 2 tablespoon oil in a pan.
Add 1/4 grated coconut and 2 sliced onions.
- Stir till light brown.
- Switch off the flame.
- Wash chicken put little turmeric powder and mix.
- Now in a pan or kadhai add 4 tablespoon oil and heat it.
- Put chicken and fry for 10-15 minutes.
- By the mean time you can grind roasted onion-coconut to smooth paste.
- Remove chicken in a plate.
- Add 1/4 teaspoon cumin seeds (jeera) to the same oil.
- Put 2-3 bayleaf.
- Put 2 finely chopped onions and cook till translucent.
- Add 1 tablespoon ginger paste and 1 tablespoon garlic paste and stir till raw aroma of ginger garlic goes away.
- Now add 3 tablespoon malvani masala to it.
- Put fried chicken and mix. Cover the lid for 1 minute.
- Now remove the lid and put grinded onion-coconut paste to the chicken and mix well.
- Add some oil if required.
Put salt to taste and stirr.
- Add water to malvani chicken, cover the lid and cook the chicken on medium flame or low flame for more 15-20 minutes.
- Keep stirring in between to avoid burning if you have added less water to the chicken.
Dhaba Style Chicken Curry Recipe:
- Chop 250 gm onions.
- Grate 2 tomatoes.
- Peel 15 garlic cloves and grind 10 garlic cloves along with 1/2 inch ginger and keep aside.
- Wash and clean the chicken.
- Marinade the chicken with 1/2 teaspoon turmeric powder and little salt.
- Heat oil in a pan or kadhai.
- Add cumin seeds once the oil is heated.
- When cumin seeds start spluttering break and add 2 bay leaf, 2 dry chillies, 1/2 cinnamon stick and remaining 5 garlic cloves.
- Now immediately add chopped onions and increase the flame to high.
- Put your chicken in the kadai, stir and cover the lid.
- As flame is on high you have to keep on removing the lid and stirring in between so that the chicken doesn’t burn and get cooked properly.
- Oil starts separating from chicken. Now it’s time to add ginger garlic paste to it.
- Again cover the lid and let the chicken cook.
- Meanwhile in another pan dry roast pinch of cumin, 1/4 cinnamon, 1/2 bayleaf, 3 cloves, 3 cardamon and once it cools grind it and keep aside.
- Remove the lid and stir the chicken. Add grated tomatoes to it and salt as per your taste as the gravy starts becoming dry so salt and tomatoes will give some moisture, lower the flame.
- Remove the lid and remove one piece of chicken and check whether it is cooked by pressing with your finger. Do it carefully as chicken will be hot, you can allow it to cool for few seconds and check.
- Add 1 tablespoon water and cover the lid for few more mins.
- Till the time boil 2 glass of water.
- You can reduce the amount of water to 1 1/2 if you want little thick curry.
- Now I will remove the lid and stir again and my water is heated so I will add the hot water to the gravy. I m adding 2 glass of water you can reduce the amount of water in order to make thick gravy (curry).
- Put dry roasted garam masala powder to the chicken curry, cover the lid and let it cook for more 10 mins on low flame.
- Remove the lid and check your dhaba style chicken curry is ready to be served.
- If you want, you can add 1 teaspoon ghee to the chicken curry.
Pepper Chicken Recipe:
Chop 250 gms onions.
Wash chicken and marinade it with turmeric powder.
In grinder put 2 tablespoon black pepper, 1tablespoon fennel seed (saunf), 1tablespoon cumin and grind it.
In a pan put 2 tablespoon oil.
Put pinch of cumin seeds. Once it starts cracking add spring of curry leaves.
Break and add 1 dry kashmiri chilly.
Put chopped onions and fry till light brown.
Now add chicken to it and stir.
Add 1 tablespoon ginger-garlic paste.
Put 1/4 teaspoon turmeric powder as we have already added turmeric powder during marination.
Put 1/2 teaspoon chilly powder.
Put 1/2 teaspoon garam masala powder and stir.
Put grinded ground masala powder to the chicken and mix.
Put salt and stir again.
Don’t add water close the lid for 10-15 mins and cook the chicken on low flame.
Keep checking in between and give it a stir. Cook till chicken gets cooked completely.
Chicken cooked with pepper gives a different taste. Try cooking its mouth watering.
As this pepper chicken recipe is dry recipe it goes well with chapatis.
Mughlai Chicken recipe was bought in India by Mughals. Recipe has very rich flavor as nuts are used in this recipe along with curd and spices.
Mughlai Chicken Recipe:
- Soak 12-15 almonds in water for half an hour.
- Remove the skin of almond, add 1 teaspoon poppy seeds and grind with little water in order to make a smooth paste.
- Dry roast 1/2 teaspoon coriander seeds, 1/2 teaspoon cumin seeds, 1 teaspoon black pepper. Grind it to powder once cooled down.
- Heat 2 tablespoon oil in pan or kadai.
- Put 2 large sliced onions to it and saute till onions turn brown.
- Remove the onions and keep aside.
Now put 2-3 tablespoon ghee in pan or kadai. Mughlai dishes include ghee as it gives rich flavor to the food.
- When ghee turns hot add all whole spices 2-3 cloves, 2-3 green cardamon, 1/2 cinnamon stick and 2 bayleafs.
- Now put chicken to the ghee. Stir and cook chicken from both the sides for 10 mins.
- Put some cashews and golden raisins in the pan.
- Put grinded masala powder to the chicken and stir.
- Add almond paste to the chicken and mix.
- Put onion paste and keep stirring.
Put 1/4 teaspoon turmeric powder, 1 teaspoon coriander powder, 1 teaspoon red chilli powder, 1/2 teaspoon garam masala and salt.
- Stirr and add 3/4 cup curd.
Keep stirring. Add very little water and cover the lid and allow the chicken to cook for more 15 minutes on low flame.
- Garnish with fresh coriander leaves. Mughlai Chicken is ready. Serve it with parathas or roti.
How To Make Chicken Masala:
- Wash 500 gm chicken and keep aside.
- Heat oil in pan put 250 gms chopped onion along with chicken and fry for 15 minutes.
- Grind 50 gm garlic, 15 gm ginger and 4-5 green chillies to a paste.
- Add Ginger-garlic-chilly paste to the chicken and fry till raw aroma of ginger-garlic paste goes away.
- Now add 1/4 teaspoon turmeric powder, 1 1/2 teaspoon coriander powder, salt and mix.
- Add 2 tablespoon garam masala powder and stir for more 5 minutes.
- Put 10 raisins and 10 cashews in the chicken masala.
- Now put 300 gm hot water to the chicken masala.
- Cover the lid and let chicken cook for 15 minutes on low flame till it becomes soft.
White chicken curry is Mughlai recipe also called as safed murgh. It is rich recipe with lots of almond and cashew paste along with yogurt and cream. As dish is safed murgh white in colour so it doesn’t contain spices like coriander powder, chilly powder which brings color to the recipe.
How To Make White Chicken Curry:
- Wash chicken pieces and boil them for 5 minutes on medium flame.
- Boiling chicken slightly will remove the impurities.
- Now heat ghee or oil in a pan or kadhai. Add onion paste and fry till onion rawness goes away but don’t fry it till brown as we are making white chicken curry.
- Simultaneously add 5-6 garlic paste and again saute till rawness of garlic goes out.
- Take 4-5 cloves, piece of ginger and 4-5 cardamon along with curd in grinder and grind it to smooth paste.
- Put the grinded curd paste in the pan or kadhai and stir continously.
- You can also add little khoya (Mava) to it to bring more richness to the recipe.
- Now put chicken pieces in the curry and mix.
- Put some water because our chicken will cook for sometime.
- Add salt as per taste. If you want you can add red chilly seeds or green chillies. If you are adding green chillies remove it once the white chicken curry is ready.
- Put 10-15 cashew paste and 10 whole almond paste.
- Now put crushed 15 black pepper to the curry and stir again.
- Cover the chicken curry and let it cook for 15-20 minutes on low or medium flame.
- Keep checking in between to avoid burning.
- Remove the lid and add 2-3 tablespoon cream and mix.
- Let it cook for more 5 minutes on low flame.
- By the time roast few 4-5 cashews in ghee.
- Switch off the flame. Our white chicken curry is ready garnish it with roasted cashews.
Methi Paratha Recipe is made almost everywhere in India. Most of them use it as a breakfast as Methi parathas are easy to prepare and Methi (Fenugreek) has many benefits. It is used for lowering blood sugar levels in type II diabetics. It reduces risk of heart disease. It is good for digestion. Methi is good for skin and hair also. It reduces marks on skin that’s the reason it is used as natural face packs. Most important Methi is very good for women. Presence of diosgenin in Methi helps in increase of breast milk production in lactating women and it is helpful in many other ways.
People in India use both methi seeds and leaves in their diet. Fenugreek seeds are used in dal type tadkas whereas leaves are used in food with combination of aloo, coconut, corn, moong, chicken, brinjal, etc. Leaves are also used in curries. Dried methi leaves are called kasuri methi and used mostly in curries which gives a different flavor to the dish.
As we know Methi is very beneficial to our health so please note down the recipe below.
Methi Paratha Recipe:
- Pluck 2 cup Methi leaves, wash it properly in water 2-3 times.
- Chopp the leaves and take it in a large bowel to make a dough for parathas.
- Add 2 cups wheat flour to it.
- Add salt as per your taste.
- Add 2 chopped green chillies. You can add extra chillies if you want it more spicy.
- Mix it properly and add water as required to make a soft dough like roti.
- Divide the dough into 2 round shapes like balls to make 2 thick big parathas. You can divide it to 4 parts if you want thin parathas.
- Take half cup wheat flour in a plate for dusting
- Now take one portion of round shape dough and place it on rolling pan, dust it with wheat flour, press gently and roll it to round shape parathas.
- Heat a pan and after 2 mins once the pan is heated place paratha on it.
- Check if the paratha is slightly cooked from one side and if colour changes slightly. Its time to Flip the paratha. Turn it on other side and let it cook.
- After 1 min apply ghee or oil on the paratha and flip it again.
- Now apply ghee or oil on other side of Methi paratha. Let it cook properly from both the sides till it becomes crispy and slight brown spots appear on it.
Remove it from the tava or pan and place it in serving dish. Your crispy Methi Parathas are ready.
Frankie also called as Kathi Roll and Wrap is popular among both kids and adults. Specially during rains I like to have it. There are different varieties of frankies / kathi rolls with paneer filling, potato filling, vegetable filling, chicken filling and many more. Frankie / kathi roll recipe which I m sharing here today is with paneer filling.
- Take 2/3 cup all purpose flour and 1/3 cup of wheat flour.
- Add 1 teaspoon oil and mix with the help of fingers.
- Put water and knead a dough and keep aside for some time till we make the filling for franky / kathi roll.
Franky / Wrap Filling:
- Finely chop 2 onions, 2 tomatoes and 1 large capsicum.
- Cut half paneer into small cubes and grate rest paneer.
- Heat 2 spoon oil into pan.
Put pinch of cumin seeds.
- Once cumin seeds cracks add chopped onion to it and stirr.
- Add chopped tomatoes when onions turn soft and translucent.
- Give it a stirr and let tomatoes cook till they turn pulpy.
- Now add chopped capsicum and stir again.
- Put pinch of turmeric powder and salt to taste.
- Add grated paneer and mix.
Put some chat masala (1 tablespoon) and mix.
- Now add paneer cubes and give it a gentle stirr.
- Let it cook for a minute and switch off the flame. Frankie / wrap filling is ready.
- Divide the dough into equal size medium balls.
- Dust the rolling pan with all purpose flour.
- Take dough ball, press and flatten it.
- With the help of roller make very thin chapaties of it ( You can also apply oil for rolling chapaties).
- Switch on the flame and heat tava to make Frankie sheets.
- Place the sheets (chapati) on tava once heated.
- Apply oil with the help of spoon and cook it from both the sides.
- These franky / kathi roll sheets ( chapaties) cook faster as they are very thin.
Simillarly make all chapaties one by one and keep aside.
Put the paneer filling on frankie / wrap sheet.
Grate and put some cheese on it.
Roll the sheet ( chapati) and keep side in a plate.
Repeat the process and keep all the frankies in a plate.
Now heat tava put some oil and place all the frankies on tava for few seconds.
Turn the frankies on other side for few seconds.
Remove the frankies and serve hot.