Ingredients For Filling
|Coriander Powder||1/2 Teaspoon|
|Garam Masala||1/2 Teaspoon|
|Chat Masala||1 Tablespoon|
|Salt||As per Taste|
Frankie also called as Kathi Roll and Wrap is popular among both kids and adults. Specially during rains I like to have it. There are different varieties of frankies / kathi rolls with paneer filling, potato filling, vegetable filling, chicken filling and many more. Frankie / kathi roll recipe which I m sharing here today is with paneer filling.
- Take 2/3 cup all purpose flour and 1/3 cup of wheat flour.
- Add 1 teaspoon oil and mix with the help of fingers.
- Put water and knead a dough and keep aside for some time till we make the filling for franky / kathi roll.
Franky / Wrap Filling:
- Finely chop 2 onions, 2 tomatoes and 1 large capsicum.
- Cut half paneer into small cubes and grate rest paneer.
- Heat 2 spoon oil into pan.
Put pinch of cumin seeds.
- Once cumin seeds cracks add chopped onion to it and stirr.
- Add chopped tomatoes when onions turn soft and translucent.
- Give it a stirr and let tomatoes cook till they turn pulpy.
- Now add chopped capsicum and stir again.
- Put pinch of turmeric powder and salt to taste.
- Add grated paneer and mix.
Put some chat masala (1 tablespoon) and mix.
- Now add paneer cubes and give it a gentle stirr.
- Let it cook for a minute and switch off the flame. Frankie / wrap filling is ready.
- Divide the dough into equal size medium balls.
- Dust the rolling pan with all purpose flour.
- Take dough ball, press and flatten it.
- With the help of roller make very thin chapaties of it ( You can also apply oil for rolling chapaties).
- Switch on the flame and heat tava to make Frankie sheets.
- Place the sheets (chapati) on tava once heated.
- Apply oil with the help of spoon and cook it from both the sides.
- These franky / kathi roll sheets ( chapaties) cook faster as they are very thin.
Simillarly make all chapaties one by one and keep aside.
Put the paneer filling on frankie / wrap sheet.
Grate and put some cheese on it.
Roll the sheet ( chapati) and keep side in a plate.
Repeat the process and keep all the frankies in a plate.
Now heat tava put some oil and place all the frankies on tava for few seconds.
Turn the frankies on other side for few seconds.
Remove the frankies and serve hot.