For Manglorean Chicken Curry
|Chopped Coriander Leaves|
|Salt||As Per Taste|
|Tamarind Juice||2 Tablespoon|
Mangalorean Chicken Curry Recipe:
Mangalorean Chicken Curry Masala:
- Heat oil in a pan and add 6-8 black pepper, 1/4 teaspoon mustard seeds, 1 1/2 tablespoon coriander seeds, 1/2 teaspoon cumin seeds, very little fenugreek seeds, 6-7 garlic cloves, 8-10 less spicy kashmir red chillies.
- Stirr and saute for a while on low flame. Now add 1 finely chopped onion and 1/2 cup grated coconut in it and mix. Saute till coconut and onion becomes light brown in colour and everything is cooked.
- Switch off the flame and allow the mixture to cool.
Mangalorean Chicken Curry Gravy:
- Till the mangalorean chicken curry masala cools down heat 2 tablespoon oil in a kadai.
- Add curry leaves.
- Add 2 chopped onions and cook till onions become soft and translucent.
- Now add chicken and little salt. Cover the lid and let chicken cook for a while.
- The mangalorean chicken Curry Masala might have cooled down now it’s time to grind it with little water and make a smooth paste for chicken curry.
- Remove the lid from the chicken and give it a stirr.
- Put grinded chicken curry masala to the chicken and mix.
- Put salt as per taste and add little water to the curry. You can also add 1/2 tea cup coconut water to the gravy. Here I m not adding it.
- Put 2 tablespoon tamarind juice to the curry.
- Cover the lid and let the chicken cook for 15 more minutes. Keep checking in between so that your chicken doesn’t burn.
- Remove the lid from the chicken and put some chopped fresh coriander leaves in the curry. Give it a stirr.
- Switch off the flame. Mangalorean chicken curry is ready to be served.
You can have mangalorean chicken curry with kori roti, neer dosa or rice.