Paneer Tikka Masala Recipe:
Wash and cut 1 capsicum, 1 tomato and 1 onion into cubes.
Simillarly cut paneer (cottage cheese) into cubes.
Chop 2 Onions and 2 tomatoes.
Chop 2 green chillies.
For Paneer Tikka Marinade:
- Heat 1 tablespoon oil and add 1/2 tablespoon ajwain. Put 2 tablespoon besan in it and roast the besan.
- Switch off the flame and take roasted besan in bowl.
- Add 1/2 cup curd to it.
- Put 1/2 teaspoon coriander powder, 1 teaspoon kashmiri red chilli powder, 1/2 teaspoon garam masala, 1/2 teaspoon pepper powder, 1/2 teaspoon turmeric powder and 1/2 teaspoon kasuri methi.
- Now heat 2 tablespoon mustard oil and add to the paneer marinade and mix.
- Now put the capsicum, onion, tomato cubes and mix.
- Add paneer cubes and mix slightly such that paneer cubes are nicely coated with the masala.
- Let the paneer rest in marinade for 15-20 mins.
- Now take a skewer and put paneer cube at the bottom then capsicum, after that tomato and then onion at the top. Repeat the process for all paneer, capsicum, tomato and onion cubes.
- Heat 2 tablespoon oil on tava and place the skewers on it.
- Let it cook for 1 min. Turn and cook it from all the sides. Be careful it should not get burned.
For Paneer Tikka Masala Gravy:
- Heat oil in a wok.
- Add pinch of cumin seeds and let it splutter.
- Now put 2 finely chopped onions in it and keep stirring.
- Once onion becomes translucent add 1 tablespoon ginger garlic paste and saute for a minute till raw smell of ginger-garlic goes.
- Add 2 chopped tomatoes and pinch of salt (very little) which will help Tomatoes cook faster. Add chopped green chillies.
- Once tomatoes become soft and pulpy add 1/4 teaspoon turmeric powder, 1/2 teaspoon red chilly powder, 1 tablespoon coriander powder and stirr.
- Now add leftover marinade mixture if left and mix.
Add 4-5 cashews paste and keep stirring for a minute.
- Put salt as per taste and mix.
Add little water for the gravy and mix.
- Now remove paneer, capsicum, tomato and onions cubes from skewer and put in the gravy.
- If you want you can add 2 tablespoon cream to the gravy to make it more richer but I m avoiding it here.
- Give a gentle stirr so that paneer doesn’t break.
- Now add 1/2 tablespoon garam masala and 1/2 teaspoon kasuri methi.
- Garnish with chopped fresh coriander leaves and switch off the flame.