|Onions (Piyazz)||250 gms|
|Garlic Cloves (lahsun)||15|
|Ginger (Adrak)||1 inch|
|Bay Leaf (Tej Patta)||3|
|Cardamon (Choti Elaichi)||6|
|Cinnamon (Dalchini)||1 stick|
|Cumin Seeds (Jeera)||1/2 teaspoon|
|Salt||As Per Taste|
Dhaba Style Chicken Curry Recipe:
- Chop 250 gm onions.
- Grate 2 tomatoes.
- Peel 15 garlic cloves and grind 10 garlic cloves along with 1/2 inch ginger and keep aside.
- Wash and clean the chicken.
- Marinade the chicken with 1/2 teaspoon turmeric powder and little salt.
- Heat oil in a pan or kadhai.
- Add cumin seeds once the oil is heated.
- When cumin seeds start spluttering break and add 2 bay leaf, 2 dry chillies, 1/2 cinnamon stick and remaining 5 garlic cloves.
- Now immediately add chopped onions and increase the flame to high.
- Put your chicken in the kadai, stir and cover the lid.
- As flame is on high you have to keep on removing the lid and stirring in between so that the chicken doesn’t burn and get cooked properly.
- Oil starts separating from chicken. Now it’s time to add ginger garlic paste to it.
- Again cover the lid and let the chicken cook.
- Meanwhile in another pan dry roast pinch of cumin, 1/4 cinnamon, 1/2 bayleaf, 3 cloves, 3 cardamon and once it cools grind it and keep aside.
- Remove the lid and stir the chicken. Add grated tomatoes to it and salt as per your taste as the gravy starts becoming dry so salt and tomatoes will give some moisture, lower the flame.
- Remove the lid and remove one piece of chicken and check whether it is cooked by pressing with your finger. Do it carefully as chicken will be hot, you can allow it to cool for few seconds and check.
- Add 1 tablespoon water and cover the lid for few more mins.
- Till the time boil 2 glass of water.
- You can reduce the amount of water to 1 1/2 if you want little thick curry.
- Now I will remove the lid and stir again and my water is heated so I will add the hot water to the gravy. I m adding 2 glass of water you can reduce the amount of water in order to make thick gravy (curry).
- Put dry roasted garam masala powder to the chicken curry, cover the lid and let it cook for more 10 mins on low flame.
- Remove the lid and check your dhaba style chicken curry is ready to be served.
- If you want, you can add 1 teaspoon ghee to the chicken curry.