|1 cup (measuring cup=250ml)
|1/3 rd cup
| 4-5 Cardamon Powder
Rava Sheera recipe is very easy to prepare and it is very tasty especially those who are fond of sweets just love it. It is also known as Suji halwa. Suji halwa recipe is mostly prepared in all Indian homes. People prepare suji halwa (sheera) as a prasad during puja. This sheera recipe is made with rava (semolina) which is also called as suji, milk, sugar, ghee and dry fruits. At different places it is made in different variety. At many places water is used instead of milk.
Rava Sheera Recipe:
- Heat a pan or kadhai and add 1 tablespoon ghee to it.
- Add 1 cup rava (suji) in the kadhai and roast it. Keep stirring till the suji is roasted properly.
- Once you start getting nice aroma roasted rava in ghee its time to remove the roasted suji in a plate and keep aside.
- Now add 2 cup milk to the kadhai.
- Once milk starts boiling then put 1/3rd cup sugar in the suji halwa.
- Add powdered green cardamon to it.
- Cover the rava sheera with lid for 1 min.
- Open the lid, you will see sheera is ready. Add half cup ghee and mix. Once you add ghee your rava sheera will become soft.
Now it’s time to add pieces of dry fruits – almond pieces, raisins, dates and green cardamon powder to the suji halwa.