|Chicken (Murgh)||500 gms|
|Yogurt / Curd||250 gms|
|Salt||As Per Taste|
|White or Black Pepper||15|
|Oil Or Ghee||As Per Requirement|
|Water||As Per Requirement|
White chicken curry is Mughlai recipe also called as safed murgh. It is rich recipe with lots of almond and cashew paste along with yogurt and cream. As dish is safed murgh white in colour so it doesn’t contain spices like coriander powder, chilly powder which brings color to the recipe.
How To Make White Chicken Curry:
- Wash chicken pieces and boil them for 5 minutes on medium flame.
- Boiling chicken slightly will remove the impurities.
- Now heat ghee or oil in a pan or kadhai. Add onion paste and fry till onion rawness goes away but don’t fry it till brown as we are making white chicken curry.
- Simultaneously add 5-6 garlic paste and again saute till rawness of garlic goes out.
- Take 4-5 cloves, piece of ginger and 4-5 cardamon along with curd in grinder and grind it to smooth paste.
- Put the grinded curd paste in the pan or kadhai and stir continously.
- You can also add little khoya (Mava) to it to bring more richness to the recipe.
- Now put chicken pieces in the curry and mix.
- Put some water because our chicken will cook for sometime.
- Add salt as per taste. If you want you can add red chilly seeds or green chillies. If you are adding green chillies remove it once the white chicken curry is ready.
- Put 10-15 cashew paste and 10 whole almond paste.
- Now put crushed 15 black pepper to the curry and stir again.
- Cover the chicken curry and let it cook for 15-20 minutes on low or medium flame.
- Keep checking in between to avoid burning.
- Remove the lid and add 2-3 tablespoon cream and mix.
- Let it cook for more 5 minutes on low flame.
- By the time roast few 4-5 cashews in ghee.
- Switch off the flame. Our white chicken curry is ready garnish it with roasted cashews.