|Honey Or Sugar||1 Tablespoon|
|Medium Size Tomatoes||1 Kg or 12|
|Garlic Chopped||1 1/2 Tablespoon|
|Salt||As Per Taste|
Butter Chicken Recipe:
Marinade small pieces of chicken with turmeric powder, kashmiri red chilly powder, ginger-garlic paste and salt and let it rest for 15-20 mins. You can also use tandoori powder in Marination (optional).
After 20 mins heat oil in pan and fry marinated chicken. You don’t have to deep fry chicken just fry it and remove and keep aside.
You can also tandoor the chicken and use shredded tandoori chicken in the makhani gravy.
For Makhni or Butter Chicken Gravy:
- Roughly Chop 1 kg tomatoes, 1 1/2 tablespoon garlic cloves, 1 tablespoon ginger.
- In a pan put 1 tablespoon oil and 2 1/2 tablespoon butter.
- Add 5-6 green cardamon and very little piece of mace (optional).
- Add chopped tomatoes, stir and let it cook for 2 mins.
- Add 1 1/2 tablespoon chopped garlic, mix and let the tomatoes cook properly till it becomes soft in mashable format.
- Once tomatoes are cooked switch off the flame. Remove the tomato mixture in a vessel. Blend the tomato mixture with the help of blender or you can put the mixture in grinder and grind it but let it cool and then grind else it might burst out or you might keep a thick towel and grind but it is risky and i would suggest better allow the tomato mixture to cool down and then grind it to a smooth paste.
- Once you are done with blending or grinding of tomatoes filter or strain the puree such that puree is filtered properly and tomatoe’s skin and cardamon skin are left over.
- Now in the same pan in which we have fried chicken add 2 tablespoon butter, slit of green chilies, chopped ginger.
Now put the filtered tomato puree in it.
- Add 1 teaspoon kashmiri red chilly powder, salt, garam masala powder and let it cook for 10 minutes on slow flame.
- Now add fried chicken, 1 tablespoon sugar or honey and 1 cup cream and let it cook for 20-25 minutes.
Butter chicken (Murgh Makhani) goes well with tandoori roti, rumali roti, naan etc.