|Sesame Seeds (Til)
|1 1/4 Tablespoon
Til Ki Chutney
Sesame seeds has good benefits to body like it brings glow on your face and also keeps warmth in your body. Hence combination of til (sesame seeds) and jaggery (gud) is used during winters in form of ladoos or barfi.
Til is also added as a tempering on some of the Indian snacks. It adds perfect crunch to the dish and enhances the flavour.
There are variety of til chutney made at different parts of the world also in India we find different variety of til chutney.
Lets have a look at one variety of such chutney which is made with sesame seeds, chillies and pickle.
- We required 6 tablespoon of sesame seeds in this recipe.
- Dry roast the sesame seeds till it starts popping and cracking. You will also notice slight change in colour. Don’t roast it too much else it will be burn but roasting is important to remove that bitterness from sesame seeds.
- Once you are done with the roasting, transfer the sesame seeds (til) into a grinder jar.
- Add 1 1/4 tablespoon of mango pickle to it.
- Add 1-2 green chillies if you love extra spicy else you can completely avoid adding chillies as pickle already has spice in it.
- I add 1 green chilly to my chutney.
Put a tablespoon of water and grind it into a smooth paste.
- Adjust water if you need little more but don’t add too much else your chutney will become watery.
- This chutney is mostly made on grinding stone but as everyone doesn’t have that stone we can grind it in mixture grinder too.
- This til chutney can be served with dal rice, chapaties, parathas or some cutlets.