|Kidney Beans (Rajma any)
|as per requirement
|Red Chilly Powder
|1 1/2 teaspoon
This is not traditional rajma recipe but yes try making rajma this style also. I am sure you will love it. We often like to try things in different ways so if you have made rajma traditional style most of times try this way also. You will have different taste and you and your family will enjoy this dish for sure.
Rajma Different Style:
- Wash and soak 1 cup rajma (kidney beans) overnight or for 5-6 hours.
- Peel 3 large onion and wash. Slice half onions and chop rest.
- Heat a pressure cooker. Put some oil and fry half sliced onions till brown. Remove the brown onion and keep aside for cooling down.
- Now add some ghee, some cumin seeds and add rest chopped onion to it. Saute till onions becomes translucent.
- By the time onions are getting fried. Make paste of brown onion. For that in grinder take brown onion, piece of ginger, 3-4 green cardamon, 2-3 cloves and 1/2 teaspoon cumin seeds. Grind it to fine paste.
- Add crushed garlic pods once onions turn translucent. Let it cook for 2 minutes. Now add chopped green chillies and cook for another 1 minute.
- Now add brown onion paste to it and stir.
- Add 1 chopped tomato to it and cook till tomato becomes soft. Put some more ghee as required.
- Add 1 cup washed rajma to it and mix.
- Put the dry spices now, turmeric powder, coriander powder, red chilly powder and garam masala.
- Add salt to taste and mix.
- Now add 5-6 cups of water to it and close the lid. Cook for 5-6 whistle till gravy becomes nice thick pouring consistency. Don’t keep it too thin nor too thick, it should be medium. Rajma goes well with chawal so we have to keep the consistency of gravy keeping that in mind.