|As per taste
Penne Red Sauce Pasta
First we have to prepare the red sauce for pasta.
- Wash and put small cross on 5 medium size tomatoes at the top with the help of knife. Cross will help to peel the tomatoes quickly after blanching.
- Now we will be blanching tomatoes so put some water in vessel for boiling.
- Once water starts boiling put the tomatoes in boiling water and cook for 20-25 seconds.
- After 20-25 seconds remove the tomato and put it to the cold water.
- Peel the tomatoes and finely chop them.
Now boil pasta in same boiling water it should not be overcooked. It will take around 5-6 minutes to cook.
- Remove paste immediately in a vessel and put some oil on it and lightly toss such that pasta doesn’t break.
- Now heat a pan for sauce put some oil. Once oil is heated add chopped onion and fry it till translucent.
- Add finely chopped garlic to it and cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Add finely chopped tomatoes to it.
Put some salt and cook till tomatoes turns soft and mushy.
- Add 3 tablespoon tomato ketchup and mix.
- Switch off the flame and grind the tomato sauce. It shouldn’t be too hot while grinding.
- Now in a pan add 2-3 tablespoon oil. Put finely chopped garlic.
- Cook for 1-2 minutes and add boiled pasta to it.
- Give it a toss.
- Now add very little salt as our sauce already has it. Toss.
- Now pour the tomato sauce on pasta. Sauce should not be too less or too much it should just coat the pasta.
- Put pepper powder and mixed herb on top if it. Penne pasta is ready to be served hot.
- You can so add some grated cheese on top of it.