|Wheat Flour||250 grams|
|Cardamon Powder||1/4 Teaspoon|
|Fennel Seeds||1/2 Tablespoon|
|Oil||4-5 Tablespoon plus for frying|
How To Make Dumbles:
- Take 250 grams wheat flour in a vessel.
- Add 1/2 tablespoon fennel seeds and 1/4th tablespoon cardamon powder to it.
- For 250 grams wheat flour we will require half quantity of jaggery i.e 125 grams. You can reduce a bit if you love less sweet.
- Cut jaggery into small pieces with the help of knife.
- Add jaggery in vessel along with a glass of water. Switch on the flame and boil jaggery till it melts completely.
- Switch of the flame and use this jaggery water to knead a dough for dumbles.
- Don’t pour jaggery water together, pour as per the requirement in intervals to knead stiff dough. You can use some extra water if required to knead dough.
- Use 4-5 tablespoon of oil in it to avoid stickyness in dough.
- Now heat kadhai or pan for frying dumbles. Flame should be low.
- Take small portion of dough, make balls and roll it long lime shown in picture above.
- Shape one by one and put it into oil carefully one by one for frying.
- Fry dumbles from both the sides on low flame till you get nice brown color.
- Repeat the process of shaping and frying dumbles till you are completely done.
- Switch off the flame. Dumbles are ready to be served.
- It turns bit hard once cooled so you need strong teeth to enjoy dumbles. But this is the way it is made and enjoyed eating.
Tip – If you want little soft dumbles you can remove it from oil bit early but it should be cooked from both the sides.