|Potato (Aloo)||4 boiled|
|Tomato||2 medium size|
|Turmeric Powder||1/4 teaspoon|
|Coriander Powder||1 1/2 teaspoon|
|Red Chilly Powder||1 1/2 teaspoon|
|Garam Masala||1/2 teaspoon|
|Asafoetida (Hing)||1/4 teaspoon|
|Cumin Seeds (Jeera)||1/2 teaspoon|
|Salt||As per taste|
|Water||1/2 to 3/4 the glass|
Aloo Sabzi No Onion No
This aloo sabzi is easy to make and very tasty. It goes well with puri or rice. Potato perfectly blends with tomato and spices when it is cooked, leaving nice chatpata taste to the curry.
- We will require 4 boil potatoes for this recipe.
- Once you have boiled the potatoes peel it and cut into medium size pieces.
- Also wash and cut 2 medium size tomatoes into pieces.
- Heat a pan. Add 4-5 tablespoon oil.
Now add 1/2 teaspoon cumin seeds to it.
As soon as cumin seeds start cracking add 1/4 teaspoon asafoetida (hing).
- Then add 1/4 teaspoon turmeric powder, 1 and 1 1/2 teaspoon coriander powder, 1 1/2 teaspoon red chilly powder and 1/2 teaspoon garam masala.
- Red chilly powder I am adding little more to give nice red color and to make it spicy. You can add less chilly powder depending on how much spicy you like. You can also use kashmiri red chilly powder it has less spice and will also give good color to your curry. So if you want instead of 1 1/2 teaspoon red chilly powder you can add 1 teaspoon red chilly powder.
- Once you have added dry spices don’t cook for long just few seconds and add chopped tomatoes.
- Cook tomatoes for 5 minutes and add salt to it. Salt will bring moisture and make it more soft.
- Now add water to it. Close the lid and let it cook for more 5 minutes.
- After 5 minutes open the lid and add potato (aloo) pieces to it. Stir and close the lid.
- Let the curry cook for more 5-10 minutes on slow to medium flame till the everything nicely mixes and blends together.
- In between keep checking the consistency of your curry. It should not be too thin and too thick. Consistency of sabzi should be in between which we call latpata in Hindi.
- Once your curry reaches that stage switch of the flame.
- Chatpata aloo ki sabzi is ready to be served.
- You can serve it with puri or hot rice.
It is easy to cook and you can cook it with available ingredients. Even onion garlic is not required in this recipe.