|Tur Dal (Pigeon Pea)||Handful of Dal Twice|
|Chana Dal (Bengal Gram)||1 Tablespoon|
|Moong Dal||2 Tablespoon|
|Turmeric Powder||1/4 Teaspoon|
|Salt||As Per Taste|
|Coriander Powder||1/2 teaspoon|
|Red Chilly Powder||1/2 Teaspoon|
|Oil||As Per Requirement|
|Asafoetida (Hing)||1/4 Teaspoon|
|Cumin Seeds (Jeera)||1/2 Teaspoon|
|Dry Red Chilly||1 Broken Into Halves|
How To Make Dal Fry:
- Take handful of tur dal also called as pigeon pea in a vessel twice. Add 1 tablespoon chana dal i.e bengali gram to it. Add 2 tablespoon moong dal to it.
- Now wash the dal under running water thrice to remove the impurities.
- Put the dal in cooker along with 2 glass of water. Add turmeric powder and salt.
- Pressure cook for 4 whistle.
Once dal is cooked remove and keep aside.
- Now heat a pan or kadhai and add 3 tablespoon oil to it.
- Once oil becomes hot add cumin seeds.
As soon as cumin seeds (jeera) starts cracking add chopped onion.
- Fry onion till it becomes translucent.
Now add finely chopped garlic and crushed ginger to it.
- Add small pieces of green chilly.
Stir and cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Add finely chopped tomato. Cook for more 4-5 minutes till tomato becomes soft.
- Now put dry spices, coriander powder and red chilly powder. Put oil and cook for more 1 minute.
- Now put the cooked dal into it gradually and keep stirring.
- Let dal cook for more 10 minutes. Put tadka to the dal. Heat oil for tadka, add 1 dry red chilly broken into 2 pieces.
- Add 1/4 teaspoon asafoetida and 1/4 teaspoon red chilly powder to it. Once it becomes hot switch off the flame and add tadka to the dal.
- Switch off the flame. Dal fry is ready to be served. Have it with plain steamed rice or jeera rice.