|Boiled Chickpeas||60-70 grams|
|Paneer Cubes||1 Cup|
|Basmati Rice||1 Glass|
|Water||2 Glass Plus 1/2 Glass|
|Roasted Gram Flour||2 tablespoon|
|Mustard Oil||4-5 Tablespoon|
|Turmeric Powder||1/2 Teaspoon|
|Carrom Seeds||1/4 Teaspoon|
|Coriander Powder||1 1/2 Teaspoon|
|Red Chilly Powder||1 1/2 Teaspoon|
|Garam Masala||1 1/2 Teaspoon|
|Salt||As Per Taste|
|Oil||As Per Requirement|
|Start Anise||Small Piece|
|Cinnamon Stick||Half Piece|
|(Ginger-Garlic-Green-Chilly) Together Paste||2 Tablespoon|
There are different varieties of biryani made in India. Rice with full of flavours coated with nice thick gravy served with raita is just awesome. Today’s recipe is of chole panner biryani which is another alternative to non veg biryani.
How To Make Chole Paneer Biryani:
For biryani we have to wash and soak rice first and also marinade paneer for 1/2 an hour. You can boil your chickpeas (chana) in that time or if you already have boiled chickpeas well and good.
- In a bowl take 1/2 cup curd. Add 1 tablespoon (garlic-ginger-chilly) paste.
- Add 1/2 teaspoon coriander powder, 1/2 teaspoon red chilly powder and 1/2 teaspoon garam masala.
- Add 2 tablespoon roasted gram flour to it.
- Now we will add tadka to the marinade.
- Heat 4-5 tablespoon mustard oil till smoky hot. Add 1/4 teaspoon carrom seeds (ajwain) to the oil.
- Add the mustard oil to the marinade. Now add paneer cubes to it and give it a mix. Let it rest for 1/2 an hour.
For Biryani Gravy:
- Peel and wash onions. Finely slice one onion and chop other onion.
- Now in a pan heat 4-5 tablespoon oil and put finely sliced onion.
- Fry this onion till it turns nice golden brown by stirring in between.
- By the time onions are turning brown, we have to cook rice for biryani.
- Take a vessel and put 2 glass of water for boiling.
- Now add 1 cinnamon stick, small piece of star anise, 2 cardamon and 1 teaspoon ghee to the boiling water.
- Once water starts boiling completely add 1 glass soaked rice to it for cooking.
- Once onions turns crisp brown remove and keep it aside in a plate.
- Now put washed potato pieces in oil for frying. Remove the potato and keep aside once 80 percent cooked.
- Now add 1/2 teaspoon cumin seeds.
Once cumin seeds starts cracking add finely chopped onion and fry till translucent.
- Cook rice till 80 percent done. Once it is 80 percent cooked strain and remove it in a large plate. Spread and let it cool.
- Once onion becomes translucent add remaining 1 tablespoon (ginger-garlic-garlic) paste. Cook till garlic rawness goes away.
- Now add finely chopped tomato and cook till it become soft and mushy.
- Put boiled chickpeas (chole) to it, potatoes and mix.
- Add 1/2 teaspoon tumeric powder, 1 teaspoon coriander powder, 1 teaspoon red chilly powder and 1 teaspoon garam masala.
- Add oil as per required. Put salt to taste and mic everything.
- Now add 1/2 glass of water to it. Once water starts boiling add marinated paneer cubes and cook for more 5 minutes.
- Now remove this marinade mixture from flame and add another vessel for biryani layering.
- Put some oil or ghee at the bottom first. Then add the half gravy mixture.
- Put other layer of half amount of rice on top of it.
- Add third layer of half amount of fried onions on top of rice.
- Again fourth layer of remaining gravy.
- Fifth layer of remaining rice on top of it.
- Sixth layer of fried onions on it. (Keep some onions for garnish).
- Close lid of the vessel and cook it on high flame for 5 minutes and more 10 minutes on low flame.
- Switch off the flame after 15 minutes.
- Open the lid and serve chole biryani hot by garnishing fried onions on top of it and with raita.