|Gram Flour (Besan)||One Bowl|
|Oil||2-3 Tablespoon Oil|
|Crushed Corrainder Seeds||1/2 Teaspoon|
|Cumin Seeds (Jeera)||1/2 Teaspoon|
|Fennel Seeds (Saunf)||1/2 Teaspoon|
|Black Onion Seeds (Kalonji)||1/2 Teaspoon|
|Pepper Powder||1/2 Teaspoon|
|Red Chilly Powder||1/2 Teaspoon|
Gatte Ki Sabzi is very popular traditonal recipe of Rajasthan. This cuisine is well known for its taste all over India.
Let’s take a look at Gatte Ki Sabzi recipe:
- We have to prepare gattas for the curry which is made of gram flour i.e besan.
- So take one bowl of besan in a vessel.
- Add 1/2 teaspoon cumin seeds (jeera), 1/2 teaspoon carom seeds (ajwain), 1/4 teaspoon fennel seeds (saunf), 1/2 teaspoon crushed corrainder seeds (dhaniya), 1/2 teaspoon black pepper powder and 1/2 teaspoon red chilly powder.
- Put some salt, 2 tablespoon curd and oil. Mix everything and knead a dough. Add little more curd if required instead of water to knead a dough.
- Now roll and make cylinder of besan dough.
- Divide into 2 or 3 cylinders.
Now we have to boil besan cylinders in boiling water.
- Boil water in a vessel and add gram flour cylinders to boil.
- As soon as you notice besan cylinders floating on boing water it’s indication that it is cooked. You might take 6-10 minutes or less than that to cook besan gatta in boiling water.
- Switch off the flame and drain the gatta cylinders and keep aside in plate.
- Now with the help of knife cut besan cylinders into small pieces which is called gatta.
- Now next step is to fry these gattas in oil.
- Heat oil for frying gattas and fry gattas from all the sides and keep aside. Switch off the flame.
- For sauce take one bowl curd. Add turmeric powder, red chilly powder and garam masala and whisk well.
- Now heat a pan or kadhai. Put 2 tablespoon oil.
- Once oil turns hot add cumin seeds. Then add crushed corrainder seeds, pinch of fennel seeds, asofodita, curry leaves, 1 bay leaf and chopped green chillies. Stir.
- Now add whisked curd to the kadhai and stir continously to avoid lumps.
- Add some water to it. Add besan gattas to the curry and mix.
- Put salt as per taste and mix. Allow it to boil and cook for 10-15 minutes so that the gattas absorb the sauce and curry thickens.
- Add some ghee to the gatta curry, mix and serve. Gatte Ki Sabzi is ready to be served.