|Cottage Cheese (Paneer)||200 Gms|
|Onions||3 Medium Size|
|Ginger-Garlic Paste||1 Tablespoon|
|Turmeric Powder||1/4 Teaspoon|
|Coriander Powder||1 1/2 Teaspoon|
|Red Chilly Powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Garam Masala||1 Teaspoon|
|Kasuri Methi||1 Teaspoon|
|Oil||As Per Requirement|
|Salt||As Per Taste|
|Water||1/4 To 1/2 Cup|
|Coriander Leaves (Cilantro)||1/2 Small Bunch|
|Cumin Seeds||1/2 Teaspoon|
Butter Paneer Masala is dish which is mostly ordered in restaurants or dhabas.
In this dish cottage cheese (paneer) cubes are cooked in onion tomato gravy along with dry and whole spices for the flavors.
Then cream is added to the gravy to make it more rich and creamy. Then it is garnished with fresh cilantro leaves along with butter.
How To Make Butter Paneer Masala:
- Heat 1 teaspoon oil in pan and put 8 red ripe chopped tomatoes in it.
- Put 1/2 teaspoon sugar and let tomatoes cook till it becomes soft and mashable.
- Once tomatoes turn soft switch off the flame and let it cool down to room temperature.
- By the time chop 3 medium size onions.
- Heat 11/2 tablespoon butter and 1 tablespoon oil.
- Put 3-4 cloves, 3 cardamon and 1 cinnamon stick.
- Add 1/2 teaspoon cumin seeds.
Once cumin starts cracking add chopped onions and fry till golden brown.
- Now our tomatoes might haved cooled down grind it to puree.
- Onions might have turned soft add 1 tablespoon ginger-garlic paste and fry till raw smell of ginger-garlic paste goes out.
- Now add tomato puree to it and stir.
Let tomato puree cook fully till it becomes thick.
- Now add dry spices 1/4 or 1/2 teaspoon turmeric powder, 1 teaspoon coriander powder, 1/2 teaspoon cumin powder, 1 teaspoon garam masala powder and 1 teaspoon red chilly powder and mix.
- If required add little oil and fry till masala is cooked properly along with tomato and onion.
- Now add little water and salt as per taste.
- Put paneer cubes to the gravy and stir.
- Put chopped 4-5 green chilly slits or pieces.
- Put 1/2 cup cream and mix.
- Put 1 teaspoon roasted and crushed kasuri methi and stir.
- Put some fresh chopped coriander leaves and stir.
- Let it cook for more 5-7 minutes.
- Paneer Butter Masala is ready to be served.
- Garnish Butter Paneer Masala with some crean, butter and coriander leaves.
- Butter Paneer Masala can be served with tandoori roties, naans, parathas, kulcha, chapaties and more.