Ingredients For Sahi Dahi Bhindi
|Ladies Finger / Okra (Bhindi)||400 Gms|
|Curd (Dahi)||1/2 Cup|
|Onion||1 Medium Size|
|Tomato||1 Small Size|
|Gram Flour (Besan)||3 Tablespoon|
|Ginger-Garlic Paste||2 Tablespoon|
|Green Chilly Paste||1 Teaspoon|
|Cashewnut Paste||1 Tablespoon|
|Turmeric Powder||1/4 Teaspoon|
|Coriander Powder||1/2 Teaspoon|
|Garam Masala||1/2 Teaspoon|
|Kasuri Methi||1/2 Teaspoon|
|Salt||As Per Taste|
|Oil||As Per Requirement|
Ladies Finger (Okra) also known as Bhindi in Hindi is well known for its health benefits. Apart from health benefits people love bhindies because of its taste. It also takes less time to cook bhindies compared to many other vegetables. Bhindies are cooked in different styles. They are fried, made curry of it, bhindi pakodas are also made, bhindi dry masala and many others. Today’s recipe is of shahi bhindi. Below mentioned is the recipe of shahi bhindi.
How To Make Shahi Bhindi:
- Wash 400 gms ladies finger.
- Cut and remove the unwanted part.
- Cut ladies finger into slits and keep aside.
- Now add pinch of salt, 1/2 teaspoon chat masala and mix.
- Heat 2 tablespoon oil in pan.
- Put ladies finger (okra) in it and fry till bhindies are cooked and dark in color.
- By the time slice 1 medium size onion and chop 1 small tomato.
- Remove bhindies (ladies finger) and keep aside in plate.
- If required add more 1 tablespoon oil.
- Put pinch of asofodita and stir.
- Now put sliced onion and fry till translucent.
- Once onion is translucent add 2 tablespoon ginger-garlic paste and stir.
- Let the rawness of ginger-garlic go away.
- Add 1 teaspoon green chilly paste and stir again.
- Now put 3 tablespoon gram flour (besan) and cook for few minutes till rawness of besan goes away.
- Now add chopped tomato and cook till tomato turns soft.
- Put little water 1/2 cup and mix continously to avoid besan lumps.
- Put 1 tablespoon cashewnuts paste and mix.
- Now put 1/2 cup curd (dahi) and again keep stiring to avoid lumps.
- Put turmeric powder, 1/2 teaspoon coriander powder and 1/2 teaspoon garam masala. Stir continously.
- Add more 1/2 cup water and put bhindies (okras) to the gravy.
- Put salt as per taste. Put little less salt as cream which we are going to put in gravy has little salt in it.
- Put 4 tablespoon cream and mix.
- At last put 1/2 teaspoon kasuri methi and stir.
- Let shahi dahi bhindi curry cook for more 5 minutes.
- Switch of the flame shahi dahi bhindi is ready to be served.
- Serve it with chapaties, parathas or rice.