|Kabuli Chana (Chickpeas)||1 Cup|
|Pressed Rice (Chivda / Poha)||1/4 Cup|
|Turmeric Powder||1/4 Teaspoon|
|Coriander Powder||1/2 Teaspoon|
|Coriander Seeds||1 Teaspoon|
|Cumin Seeds||1 Teaspoon|
|Amchur Powder||1/2 Teaspoon|
|Chat Masala||1/2 To 1/4 th Teaspoon|
|Chole Masala||1/2 To 1 Teaspoon|
|Salt||As Per Taste|
|Ghee||For Frying Tikkies|
|Coriander-Mint Chutney||Small Bowl|
|Tamarind Chutney||Small Bowl|
Chatpata Chana Chat is very tasty recipe specially if you are chat lover.
How To Make Chatpata Chana Tikki Chat:
- Soak 1 cup kabuli chana overnight or for 5-6 hrs.
- Wash, boil or pressure cook chanas with 1 large potato.
- Dry roast 3 cloves, 1 teaspoon cumin seeds and 1 teaspoon coriander seeds for 1-2 minutes and let it come to room temperature.
- By the time mixture is getting cooled dry roast 1/4 cup chivda / poha (pressed rice).
- Once it cools down grind it to fine powder.
- Now take boiled chanas in a bowl.
- Peel and add boiled potato in it.
- Mash 3/4 cup chana and potato together. Keep 1/4 cup boiled chanas for ragda.
- Add 3-4 chopped green chillies and half grinded masala. Keep half grinded masala for ragda.
- Put salt as per taste, 1/2 teaspoon amchur powder, 3/4 to 1 teaspoon chole masala and 1/4 teaspoon turmeric powder.
- Put some roasted chevda for crunch.
- Mix everything nicely such that you can make tikkies.
- Divide the mixute to equal portions and make round balls of it.
- Now slightly press and make tikkies and keep aside.
- Heat a pan or tava.
- Put 2 tablespoon ghee on it and once ghee starts melting place tikkies on it.
- Rost tikkies from both the sides till crisp.
- Remove and keep tikkies aside.
Crispy chatpata chana tikkies are ready to be served.
- Place tikkies in serving tray or plate.
- Put little curd on each tikkies.
- Then top tikkies with green coriander mint chutney.
- On top of it put tamarind chutney on each tikkies to make it chatpata and interesting.
- Put roasted chivda / poha (pressed rice) on each tikkies.
- Now if you want you can serve tikkies like this. I am making chat of it.
- For chat we will first make simple ragda of left 1/4 th cup boiled kabuli chanas.
- Just add some water approx 1/4 th cup and boil it. Mash chanas slightly. Add remaining grinded masala to it with little salt. Just boil it for 2 minutes and switch off the flame.
- Now our tikkies are already there on serving plate with chutnies and curd, put some chopped onions on tikkies.
- Then put chopped green chillies.
Add roasted chivda ( pressed rice) on top of it for crunch.
- Now put green chutney (dhaniya pudina chutney).
- Put tamarind chutney and on top of it curd.
- Put some tomato sauce and 1/2 teaspoon chat masala.
- Chatpata chana chat is ready to be served.