|All Purpose Flour (Maida)||250 gms|
|Peanuts||1/4 th Cup|
|Green Peas||1/4 th Cup|
|Coriander-Mint-Chilli Paste||1 1/2 Tablespoon|
|Coriander Powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Red Chilly Powder||1/4 Teaspoon|
|Garam Masala||1/2 Teaspoon|
|Salt||As Per Taste|
|Oil||As Per Requirement|
|Carom Seeds (Ajwain)||1/2 Teaspoon|
Samosas are popular snack all across India. You see samosa in shops, in restaurants, on streets stalls, in weddings, birthday parties, also in theatre. This is love for samosas, isn’t it?
As we love samosas so much so let’s have a look at below recipe of samosas.
How To Make Samosas:
- Wash and boil 3 large potatoes. Peel potatoes, mash and keep aside.
- Grind mint leaves, coriander leaves and green chillies together.
- Peel and crush 5-6 garlic cloves.
- Now to make potato (aloo) masala for samosas heat some oil in pan or kadhai.
- Put 1/4th cup peanuts and fry it till it gets little fried and turns little hard. Remove fried peanuts and keep aside in plate.
- Put 1/2 teaspoon cumin seeds.
Once cumin seeds start cracking add crushed garlic and cook till slight brown.
- Put 1/4th cup green peas and fry for 1 minute.
- Now add mashed potatoes, fried peanuts and stir.
- Put grinded pudina (mint), dhaniya (cilantro) and chilli paste and mix.
- Add 1 teaspoon coriander powder, 1/4 teaspoon red chilly powder, 1/2 teaspoon garam masala and salt.
- Add more 1-2 tablespoon oil if required and cook for more 2 minutes.
- Switch off the flame. Samosa masala is ready.
- Now it’s time to make our samosa outer cover.
- Take 250 gms all purpose flour (maida) in a vessel.
- Rub 1/2 tablespoon carom seeds (ajwain) with your hand and put in maida.
- Put salt. Add 4-5 tablespoon oil or ghee to maida in order to make it khasta.
- Mix and rub maida with your hand for 5 minutes along with carom seeds, salt and oil to make it khasta.
- Now gradually add water and knead a stiff dough for samosas.
- Divide the dough into 3 portion and make round balls of it.
- With the help of rolling board make 3 thick chapaties of maida.
- Divide each chapati to two semi circles.
- Now make cone of each semi circle (give samosa shape) and stuff potato masala in it how much you can stuff. Wet your fingers apply moist to the edges of cone and seal the samosa by pressing with your fingers after stuffing masala in it. Simillarly stuff other samosas also with masala and seal.
- Keep aside all the samosas.
- Heat oil in kadhai for frying samosas. Once oil is heated drop samosas one by one slowly and carefully in oil.
- Fry samosas on low to medium flame from both the sides till crispy and golden brown.
- Don’t keep flame high as samosas will cook from outside and remain raw from inside.
- Samosas take time to be cooked properly.
- Switch off the flame once you are done with all samosas.
- I have mouthwatering choley to be served with my samosas with some onion rings on top of it. You can have it with your favorite dhaniya tamatar chutney or coriander mint chutney or chole.