|Cottage Cheese (Paneer)
|2 Medium Size
|As Per Taste
|As Per Requirement
|Very Little (As Per Requirement)
Spinach is called palak in Hindi and cottage cheese is called paneer in Hindi. Both palak and paneer has its benefits they are rich in vitamins and minerals.
Palak Paneer is very popular food in India. It is punjabi dish. Blanched spinach puree is cooked with cottage cheese, garlic, onion and dry spices.
How To Make Palak Paneer:
- Take 2 bunches of spinach leaves, clean, wash and keep aside.
- Clean and chop 1 onion and 15 garlic cloves and 2-3 green chillies.
- Heat some water in vessel to blanch palak leaves.
- Once water starts boiling add washed palak leaves and cook for 4-5 minutes.
- Remove palak leaves from boiling water and put in cold water so that the cooking process stops.
- Now remove spinach leaves from cold watwr, remove excess water from leaves and keep aside in plate.
- Once it cools down grind palak into puree.
- Now heat 2 tablespoon oil in a pan or kadhai. You can use ghee or butter also.
- Once oil is heated add 1/2 teaspoon cumin seeds.
- As soon as cumin seeds starts cracking add finely chopped garlic cloves and cook till it turns light brown.
- Now put finely chopped onions and cook till it turns translucent.
- Put chopped green chillies and cook for more 1 minute.
- Now add turmeric powder, coriander powder, black salt and stir.
- Whisk 1 cup curd and put in it and keep string continously to avoid lumps.
- Now put grinded green spinach puree to it and mix. Put very little water and mix again.
- Add salt to taste and paneer cubes to it.
- Gently mix so that paneer doesn’t break and let it cook till one simmer.
- Switch off the flame. Palak paneer is ready to be served.