|Mattar (Green Peas)||300 gm|
|Paneer (Cottage Cheese)||300 gm|
|Ginger-Garlic Paste||1 Tablespoon|
|Turmeric Powder||1/2 Teaspoon|
|Coriander Powder||2 Teaspoon|
|Red Chilly Powder||1/2 Teaspoon|
|Coriander Leaves||4-5 Tablespoon|
|Garam Masala||1 1/2 Tablespoon|
|Salt||As Per Taste|
Mattar Paneer is North Indian recipe made with green peas and cottage cheese. Green peas is called as mattar in Hindi and cottage cheese as paneer. North Indian cuisine consist of varieties of popular paneer recipes among which is mattar paneer. Paneer is good option for vegetarians mostly in restaurants or wedding or any other occasions as they don’t eat chicken.
How To Make Mattar Paneer:
- Wash and boil 300 gm mattar (green peas) till soft.
- Cut 300 gms paneer (cottage cheese) into square shape pieces.
- Chop onions and tomatoes.
- Heat 3 tablespoon oil in kadai.
- Put 1/2 tablespoon cumin seeds.
- Once cumin seeds starts cracking add chopped onions and stir.
- Put pinch of salt and cook onion till soft. Salt helps in cooking onion fast.
- Now when onion turns soft add 1 tablespoon ginger-garlic paste.
- Cook till raw aroma of ginger-garlic goes out.
- Add chopped tomatoes and cook till soft in mashable format.
- Add 1/2 teaspoon turmeric powder, 2 teaspoon coriander powder and 1/2 teaspoon red chilly powder.
- Cook masala for 1 minute.
- Now add boiled mattar (green peas) and stir.
- Put salt to taste and 1 1/2 tablespoon garam masala powder.
- Put 2 cups water and give it a stir.
- Now add paneer (cottage cheese) pieces and fresh chopped coriander leaves.
- Allow it to cook for 5 minutes and then put 1/2 cup milk.
- Cook mattar paneer for more 10-15 minutes on low to medium flame.
- Mattar paneer is ready. Switch off the flame.