|Gram Flour (Besan)||1 Tea Cup|
|Green Corrainder Leaves (Hara Dhaniya)||1 Bunch|
|Salt||As Per Taste|
|Oil||As Per Requirement|
|Red Chilly Powder (Optional)||1/4 Teaspoon|
How To Make Kothimbir Vadi:
- Pluk leaves of coriander (cilantro) from one bunch.
- Now wash it properly under running water.
- Let the leaves dry for few minutes.
Now add 1 tea cup gram flour to it.
- Put green chilly- garlic paste or you can also use crushed green chillies and garlic (4 green chillies and 7-8 garlic cloves).
- If you want little more spicy then you can increase green chillies a bit.
- Add salt to taste and pinch of sugar.
Now add 2 tablespoon oil and mix everything together. Use 1-2 tablespoon of water to knead a dough.
- Use water carefully as corrainder (kothambir) itself has moisture in it.
- So first add 1 tablespoon of water and add another tablespoon of water only if required.
- Once dough is ready. Divide it into two parts and make thick rolls as we will be cutting it into slices after steaming.
- Put some water in steamer. Place kothambir rolls into a plate and put inside the steamer.
- Allow steamer to heat and cover it from top so that our kothambir rolls gets good amount of steam and it is cooked properly. Cook it for 15-20 minutes. Switch off the flame.
- After 5 minutes remove the plate from steamer carefully and with the help of knife cut the slices of kothambir rolls.
- Once steamed kothambir vadi slices cools down shallow fry it on tava or pan. You can also deep fry kothambir vadies. It is totally upto you.