|Gram Flour (Besan)
|1 1/4 Cup
|As Per Taste
|Green Chillies Ginger Paste
|Eno Fruit Salt
Dhokla one of my favourite Gujarati snack. Dhokla is made of different types white dhokla, sandwich dokhla, rava dokhla and many other new variations are coming up. But among all these types khaman dhokla remains my favourite. Let’s take a look at its recipe.
Khaman Dhokla Recipe:
- We require 1 1/4 cup gram flour (besan) for khaman dhokla. Seive and take it in a vessel.
- Add green chillies-ginger paste, 2 teaspoon sugar, 1/2 teaspoon turmeric, salt to taste and 2 teaspoon lemon juice.
- With the help of 3/4 cup water, mix and form a medium batter without lumps. Batter should not be too thin or too thick.
- Keep the batter aside. Pour some water in steamer and put it for steaming on high flame by closing lid.
- Grease dhokla plate with some oil by the time water is getting heated and steamed.
- One you see you have started getting enough steam put 2 teaspoon eno plain fruit salt in the besan batter and mix properly. You will see batter will rise and increase in quantity immediately after adding enough fruit salt.
- Pour the dhokla batter in the greased plate.
- Open the steamer lid and carefully place the dokhla plate in the steamer. Close the lid and let it steam for 7 minutes on high flame.
- After 7 minutes open the lid and check the dokhla. You will see khaman dhokla has risen up.
- Switch off the flame and remove dhokla plate carefully with some holder as it might be hot enough.
- It’s time to prepare tadka for dhokla now. Heat 1-2 tablespoon oil for tadka. Once oil is hot enough, add 1 teaspoon mustard seeds (rai). Once it starts cracking add 1 teaspoon white sesame seeds (til). Add pinch of asafoetida (hing). Now add 1/2 teaspoon finely chopped green chillies. Add few curry leaves and at last add 2 tablespoon corrainder leaves. Switch off the flame.
- Put tadka on dhokla and spread it across.
- Khaman dhokla is ready. With help of knife cut dhokla into square shape pieces.
- Serve soft and spongy dhokla with chutney.
- Mint (Pudina) chutney goes well with khaman dhokla.