|Thick Yogurt Without Water||200 gms|
|Sugar||As Per Requirement|
|Cardamon Powder Of||4-5 cardamon|
Bengali desserts are well known their taste across India. today I will be sharing one such popular dessert of Bengal called bhapa doi. Bhapa doi is made with condensed milk, milk and curd. I am using condensed milk and yogurt here in the recipe. Yogurt should not be watery. You can use hung yogurt for the recipe which has no water. Bhapa doi is one form of mishti doi. In this recipe yogurt (curd) is steamed or baked. Misti doi is made by reducing the milk and adding jaggery and curd to it. It is allowed to ferment whole night where as bhapa doi is made by steaming yogurt mixed with condensed milk. You can add cardamon flavor to it. People also use fruits like mango, pomegranate, dates in it. You can also use dry fruits in bhapa doi (baked yogurt). You will get very good texture in bhapa doi. This dessert is well known for its taste.
Bhapa Doi Recipe –
- For condensed milk Boil 500 ml milk. Once it starts boiling add some sugar and keep stiring in between.
- Reduce the milk to almost half quantity. Color of milk changes. Condensed milk is ready.
- Now in a vessel take 200 gms curd and add made condensed milk to it. Mix it properly with help of spoon.
- Add cardamon powder and mix it again.
- Now we need sugar caramel. Take 6-7 tablespoon sugar with half tablespoon water and heat it. Keep stiring continously till you get nice golden color.
- Add this sugar caramel to the yogurt (curd) condensed milk mixture and mix it properly again.
- Now pour the entire mixture to steel tiffin box and close the tiffin.
This dahi will be steamed in steamer for 25-30 minutes.
- Place the tiffin box in steamer and steam it for 25-30 minutes.
- Switch off the flame after 25-30 minutes.
- Once it cools down completely remove tiffin from steamer. Be careful as the tiffin box might be hot. Once tiffin box cools down then open the lid and invert the box in plate.
- Bhapa doi is ready to be served. You can garnish it with pistachios.