|All Purpose Flour (Maida)||1 1/2 Cup|
|Sodium Bicarbonate||1/4 teaspoon|
|Oil||For Frying Balushahies|
Balushahi is very yummy and delicious dessert.
How To Make Balushai:
- Take 1 1/2 cup all purpose flour(maida) and 1/4 teaspoon sodium bicarbonate(soda used for sweets) in a bowl and mix.
- Put 4-5 tablespoon ghee, mix and rub the balushahi mixture with your fingers. This will make balushahi more khasta.
- Add 4-5 tablespoon curd to the mixture and knead a smooth dough. Use little water if required to knead balushahi dough.
- Now make small round balls of balushahi dough and press slightly in the center with your finger.
- Heat oil in a pan for frying balushahies balls.
- Once oil is heated, put balushahies one by one in frying pan and fry it on low flame from both the sides.
- When balushahies are cooked nicely in oil remove it and keep in another vessel.
For Sugar Syrup (Chasni):
- Take 2 cup sugar with 1/2 cup water and boil it till sugar dissolves and you get one string consistency.
- Switch off the flame and put balushahies in the sugar syrup and turn balushahies on both the sides in syrup so that the sugar syrup is coated nicely.
- Once sugar syrup is nicely coated remove balushahies, garnish with pistachios and let it dry for few minutes.
- Yummy balushahies are ready.