I love sugar parathas. Mostly kids like to eat sweet food so they enjoy these parathas.
I remember my Nani used to prepare these parathas and I used to happily eat it when I was a kid. Combination of wheat flour, sugar and ghee gives delicious taste to these parathas.
Sugar Paratha Recipe:
For Sweet Paratha / Sugar Paratha:
- First knead a smooth and soft dough with wheat flour.
- Now divide the dough into medium size balls.
- Take a dough ball press slightly in the centre as we need to stuff sugar inside use your fingers and make it little deep and put 1 -2 spoon sugar in it. Depends upon the sweetness and how much you can stuff so that easily you can seal it.
- Bring the edges of chapati together and join it in the centre.
- Press gently and flatten. Dust it with dry wheat flour and roll it into parathas.
- Roll gently from both the sides.
- Heat a tava or pan and place the sugar paratha on the tava or pan.
- Flip the paratha after 1 min and apply ghee on the cooked side. You will notice the the ghee and sugar melts and it gives very good texture to the paratha.
- Simillarly flip again once other side of sugar paratha is cooked. Apply ghee on this side aswel.
- Remove the paratha. Repeat the same process for other parathas also.
- Serve sweet / sugar paratha hot as it turns hard once cools down and it becomes chewy. It depends on person’s taste. I like it both the way hot and cool. So you also try and enjoy the taste specially yours kids will love it.