|Paneer (Cottage Cheese)||250 gms|
|Curd (Dahi)||250 gms|
|Gram Flour (Besan)||3 Tablespoon |
|Kashmiri Red Chilly Powder||1/2 Teaspoon|
|Turmeric Powder||1/2 Teaspoon|
|Carom Seeds (Ajwain)||1/2 Teaspoon|
|Chat Masala||1/2 Teaspoon|
|Pepper Powder||1/2 Teaspoon|
|Kasuri Methi||1/2 Teaspoon|
|Lemon Juice||1/2 Teaspoon|
|Salt||As Per Taste|
Paneer Tikka Recipe:
Paneer tikka is served as starter in restaurants. It is a dry recipe. Paneer tikka masala is gravy based recipe. Paneer (Cottage cheese) chunks are marinated with curd and species and then grilled in tandoor or baked in oven. You can also make paneer tikka recipe at home using tawa. Taste is almost the same.
Recipe which I am sharing below is by using tawa.
- Cut 250 gms paneer ( cottage cheese) into 1 inch pieces (tikkas).
- Take a bowl. Add 250 gms curd in it.
- Put 1/2 teaspoon turmeric powder in the curd.
- Put 1/2 teaspoon kashmiri red chilly powder.
- Put 1/2 teaspoon kasuri methi to paneer marinade.
- Put 3 tablespoon gram flour (besan). Besan will avoid sticking of panner tikkas on tawa.
- Put 1/2 teaspoon carom seeds (ajwain).
- Put 1/2 teaspoon chat masala.
- Put 1/2 teaspoon pepper powder.
- Put salt as per taste and 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice.
- Now add paneer (cottage cheese) chunks (tikkas) to the marinade.
- Keep it in refrigerator for atleast 2 hours. You can keep it outside also.
- You can grill or bake the paneer tikkas after 1/2 hour also but as longer you keep the marinade, paneer tikka will absorb more the flavours of spices. So keep it for atleast 2 hours. You can keep it for more hours to get good flavours.
- Once your marinade is ready put paneer one by one in skewer for grilling in tandoor or baking it on tawa. You can use green or yellow capsicum and onions along with panner cut into 1 inch pieces similar to paneer.
- Apply oil and put the skewer on tawa and let paneer tikka cook from both the sides.
- Don’t cook for too long else paneer will turn hard.
- Serve paneer tikka hot with green chutney.