Marinade For Mutton Biryani
|Ginger||2 Inch Piece|
|Garam Masala||2 1/2 Teaspoon|
|Salt||As Per Taste|
Mutton Biryani Marinade:
- Take mutton in a vessel. Put 200 gm curd in it. Add 2 inch ginger 10 garlic cloves 6 green chilli paste to the mutton and mix.
- Put 2 1/2 teaspoon garam masala and 15 mint leaves. Add salt and mix again.
- Put 2 tablespoon ghee, mix and cover and keep this marinade for 7-8 hrs in freeze.
Method For Mutton Biryani:
- Remove onion cover, wash and slice 6 large onion.
- Dry roast whole spices 3-4 cloves, 3-4 green cardamon, 1 big cardamon, piece of cinnamon stick, 1 teaspoon coriander seeds, 1/2 teaspoon cumin seeds together. Once cools down to room temperature grind it to fine powder.
- Soak 3 glass basmati glass for 1/2 an hr.
- Now in a pressure cooker put 2 1/2 tablespoon ghee.
- Add whole spices cumin, 5 cloves, 4 green cardamon, 1 big black cardamon, 2 cinnamon stick, 1 bay leaf, 1 star anise and 2 dry red chillies and cook for 40-50 seconds.
- Put half sliced onion and let it cook till soft.
- Now add ginger garlic green chilly paste and stir and cook till the rawness goes away.
- Put the mutton marinade in cooker and stir and cook for 10 minutes.
- By the time mutton is getting cooked take another pan and fry remaining sliced onions till crisp and golden brown. Switch off the flame. These golden brown onions are called barista.
- Put 1 chopped tomato in mutton and cook again for more 10 minutes.
- Put 1/2 teaspoon turmeric powder, 2 teaspoon coriander powder and 1/2 teaspoon red chilly powder.
- Now put the 2 tablespoon grinded garam masala and 2 tablespoon biryani masala.
- Stir and cook for a minute.
- Add 1 glass of water, close the cooker lid and cook for 3-4 whistle.
- Nicely rinse our soaked rice. Boil 6-7 glass of water with some whole spices.
- Once the water starts boiling add washed rice and cook till rice is done 80 %.
- Drain the rice and.keep aside.
Now our mutton might have cooked.
- Take a large vessel for layering rice and mutton.
- At the bottom put half mutton and spread.
- Put rice on top of mutton layer and spread.
- Put some ghee on rice. On the third layer put barista (crispy and golden brown onions).
- Then on 4 th layer put fresh mint leaves along with some chopped coriander leaves.
- Now on 5th layer again put remaining mutton.
- On 6th layer rice again on some ghee on top.
- 7th layer put mint barista and coriander again.
- Then 8th layer put some roasted cashews.
- Cover the vessel with lid and place one heavy vessel on top of it so that steam doesn’t move out and biryani gets cooked nicely in steam on low flame.
- Cook mutton biryani on low flame for 15 minutes. Don’t open the lid in between.
- Switch off the flame and remove the cover from biryani while serving.
- Biryani goes well with raita, papad and pickle. Raita is fresh chopped cucumber and onion mixed in curd along with some salt.