Gajar Ka Halwa
|Carrots (Gajar)||1 Kg|
Gajar Ka Halwa Recipe:
Gajar halwa is made with carrots, sugar, mava (khoya), cardamon, ghee and cashews.
- Wash and peel 1 kg carrots and cut into small pieces.
- Now instead of grating carrots. I will be grinding it so I have made small pieces of it.
- Once my all carrots are grinded properly, keep it aside in a plate.
- Now heat a cooker and add 2-3 tablespoon ghee in it.
- Once ghee becomes hot add grinded carrot to it and keep stiring continously.
- You will notice carrot will loose moisture and decrease in quantity.
- Now add approx 180-200 gms sugar to it. You can add sugar as per your taste. Stir again.
- Now add approx 1/2 ltr milk and stir again.
- Close the lid and allow it to cook for 4 whistle. Switch off the flame.
- Once it comes to room temperature, open the lid and stir.
- Switch on the flame and keep stiring till it becomes soft and thick in consistency.
- Add cardamon powder, cashews, 50-100 gms khoya and 2 tablespoon ghee and cook for more 4-5 minutes. Adding khoya is optional you can also avoid it. Switch off the flame. Gajar ka halwa is ready to be served.