Last time when I visited by native place. I came across this chatpata chillies pickle. I quickly learned this recipe from my Maami Mrs Bhavna. It doesn’t take much time and is easy to make. Maami made it in large quantity but you can make it with 250 grams chillies. pickle I am sharing this recipe with you all. Below goes the recipe:
Fresh Chillies Pickle (Mirch Ka Achaar)
- Wash and split 250 grams fresh chillies into 2 halves.
- Allow it to dry under fan or sun for sometime so that no water (moisture) is left on chillies.
- Now till the time chillies are drying to remove moisture, dry roast 2 tablespoon cumin seeds (jeera), 2 tablespoon fenugreek seeds (methi) and 2 tablespoon carrom seeds (ajwain).
- Crush this roasted masala into powder and keep aside.
- We also require 4 tablespoon crushed mustard seeds or powder of it.
- Now once our chillies are dry enough without having moisture, you can add all roasted masala powder and mustard powder.
- Put 2 tablespoon dried mango powder (amchur) or depending on your taste. If you love more sourness add more amchur powder but don’t add too much, increase a spoon or 2 not more than that.
- Now put salt to taste. Add mustard oil, mix the chillies and masala together. Oil should be used in proportion such that masala coats the chillies. Chillies should not be dipped in the oil it should just coat the masala.
- Green chillies pickle is ready to serve. You can store in air tight container and enjoy it with chapaties or parathas. It can be used from the moment it is ready by mixing chillies and masala together.