|Potato||3 Medium Size|
|Turmeric Powder||1/2 Teaspoon|
|Coriander Powder||2 Teaspoon|
|Red Chilly Powder||1/2 Teaspoon|
|Garam Masala Powder||1 Tablespoon|
|Salt||As Per Taste|
|Oil||As Per Requirement|
|Water||1 1/2 Glass|
|Cumin Seeds||1/2 Teaspoon|
Dullna is traditionally prepared in Mithilanchal in Bihar. This sabzi is made with mixed vegetables like raw banana, parwal, pumpkin, potatoes, brown soaked chana, etc. Dullna is made without onion and garlic.
When their is special occasion in village of mithila and hundred of people are invited for the food dullna is one of the dish which is prepared during such occasions. Seasonal vegetables are used in dalna. Dullna is prepared in two variations according to season. In winters dalna is prepared with vegetables like cauliflower, potatoes, green peas, pumpkin, tomatoes, etc. In summer parwal, pumpkin, potatoes, raw banana, jackfruit, etc are mostly used to make sabzi.
- Remove skin of 4 raw bananas with the help of knife and cut it into big pieces.
- Cut 250 gms pumpkin into big pieces.
- Scrub 5-6 parwal and cut it into 2 parts vertically.
- Now peel 3 potatoes and cut into big pieces.
- Wash all the vegetables and drain water out.
- Heat 2-3 tablespoon oil in kadhai and slightly fry all vegetables one by one and keep aside. First parwal then banana, pumpkin and finally potatoes.
- Now in the same left over oil put 1/2 teaspoon cumin seeds.
- Once it starts cracking add 2 bayleaf, 1 dry chilly and asofodita.
- Take inch of ginger, wash and crush it and put it in the kadhai.
- Now put all slightly fried vegetables in the kadhai.
- Put 1/2 teaspoon turmeric powder and salt to taste.
- Cover the vegetables and allow it to cook for 5-10 minutes. Stir in between once to avoid burning of vegetables and cover again.
- Now remove the cover and stir vegetables. Put 2 teaspoon coriander powder, 1/2 teaspoon red chilly powder and mix.
- Put some oil if required and then put 1 tablespoon garam masala powder.
- Stir vegetables and let it cook for 1 minute.
- Now add 1 1/2 glass water in it and cover the sabzi again.
- Cook the sabzi for more 10 minutes.
- Remove the cover and check whether sabzi is cooked properly else cook it for more time.
- Once sabzi (dalna) is cooked switch off the flame.
- Take 1 tablespoon ghee or oil for tadka. Heat ghee or oil and add 1/4 teaspoon cumin seeds.
- Once it starts cracking add asofodita and put the tadka to sabzi.
- Dalna is ready to be served. It goes well with puries.