|Pressed Rice (Poha)||350 gms|
|Peanuts (Shingdana)||100-150 gms|
|Bengal Gram (Chana Dal)||100-150 gms|
|Coconut (Nariyal) Slices||8-10|
|Green Chillies (Hari Mirch)||4-5|
|Turmeric Powder||1/2 Teaspoon|
|Salt||As Per Taste|
|Sugar||As Per Taste|
|Oil||As Per Requirement|
Poha Chivda also called as Diwali Chivda is maharashtrain snack made during Diwali. This snack is made with pressed rice / flatten rice along with peanuts (shingdana), bengal gram (chana dal), coconut slices (nariyal slices), green chillies (hari mirch) and curry leaves. Mostly chivda is made with thin pressed rice.
Snack is crispy, nutty and little spicy. It goes well with a cup of tea. During Diwali chivda is eaten with other snacks chakli, ladoo, karanji and sakkarparas.
How To Make Poha Chivda:
- Take 350 gms pressed rice (poha / chivda) and dry roast on low flame.
- Remove roasted chivda / poha in a large vessel.
- Heat oil and put 100-150 gms peanuts and fry it.
- Remove peanuts and keep in same chivda vessel.
- Now put 100-150 gms soaked bengal gram (chana dal) in the oil carefully and fry.
- Remove fried chana dal and keep in same chivda vessel.
- Now put coconut slices (fresh or dried) in oil and fry till golden brown color.
- Remove fried coconut slices and keep in vessel.
- Now put 1/2 teaspoon asofodita in oil and then add 4-5 green chilli pieces in it. You can adjust the amount of chillies as per your taste. Add 1 or 2 more chillies if you want it very spicy else reduce the amount of chillies.
- Now add 1/2 teaspoon turmeric powder and 10-15 curry leaves.
- Fry chillies and curry leaves.
- Remove and keep fried chillies and curry leaves in same poha (pressed rice) vessel.
- Switch of the flame.
- Put salt and little sugar in chivda (poha) mixture.
- Now pour hot left oil in the chivda mixture.
- Hold the poha vessel with both your hands and shake it gently such that poha / chivda and other fried ingredients (peanuts, bengal gram, coconut slices, chillies and curry leaves along with oil gets mixed properly.
- Let chivda come to room temperature and then you can store in airtight container.