Ingredients For Stuffing
|Garam Masala||1/2 tsp |
|Rosted Dhania-Jeera Powder||2 tsp|
|Chilly Powder||1 tsp|
Aloo Chop Recipe:
Aloo Chop is used as a snack and is popular mostly in Bihar, Orissa, Kolkata etc. In Kolkata it is called as tele bhaja and potpourri in Orrisa. It is made of mashed potatoes and spices. People mostly eat aloo chop with murhi (puffed rice) which is also called as kurmura or mamra. It is my Mom’s favourite. I thought of sharing this aloo chop recipe with you. I hope you will love it.
- Heat one tablespoon oil in a pan.
- Add one teaspoon ginger-garlic paste.
- Then add boiled mashed potatoes.
- Add turmeric powder, garam masala and salt.
- Remove the pan from heat and add 2tablespoon roasted jeera-dhania(corrainder seeds and cumin) powder to it.
- Add chopped green chillies to the mixture.
- Take besan(gram flour) in another bowel. Add ajwain, salt and slowly add water to make thick batter.
- Heat oil in frying pan.
- Make round balls of potatoes mixture and press in between slightly by your palm to make aloo chops.
- Dip aloo chops in batter and put in frying pan.
Fry aloo chops on medium heat and serve it hot with murhi(kurmura) or chutney.