Pasta is loved by everyone especially by kids. There types of pasta available and they are made in different styles in different sauces. Pasta which is used for this recipe is elbow pasta which is called as macaroni. This macaroni pasta recipe is made in chinese style and if your kid is chinese lover definitely he or she is going to enjoy it.
How To Make Chilli Macaroni:
- Boil Macaroni 100- 150 gms (elbow pasta).
- By the time macaroni pasta is boiling chop 1 onion, 1/2 capsicum, cabbage, onion greens, 5-6 garlic cloves, piece of ginger.
- As soon as macaroni is boiled drain water and keep macaroni aside in a plate.
- Now heat 2-3 tablespoon oil in a kadhai.
- Once oil becomes hot, add chopped onion and cook till translucent.
Now put finely chopped ginger-garlic and stir. Flame should be high but avoid burning, keep stiring continously.
- Now add capsicum, cabbage and mix.
- Add some salt. Soya sauce already has salt in it so adjust accordingly.
- Put green chilli slits without seeds.
- Kids also love this recipe so add less chillies. If you don’t want to add chillies then don’t add but if you like spicy then add green chillies as per the hotness you want in the pasta (2-3 chillies).
- Take 1 tablespoon corn starch in 3/4 cup of water and mix properly.
- Now add 2 tablespoon soya sauce in kadhai.
- Put 1 tablespoon red chilly sauce and 1/2 tablespoon green chilly sauce. Keep stiring.
- Now add 2 tablespoon tomato ketchup and mix again.
- Put boiled macaroni pasta in it and mix.
- Put more 1/2 to 3/4 glass of water and mix again.
- Now add chopped onion greens on top and mix again.
- Switch of the flame. Chilli Macaroni pasta is ready, serve hot.
Many people come to Mumbai for their dreams. They think this city can fulfill their dreams. People get connected to city’s busy life Mumbai is known for its glamour. Along with glamour it is also known for places for good food whether its street food, good restaurants or hotels.
Whether it’s day or night city doesn’t sleep. In this busy schedule street food in Mumbai has made its place in people heart.
It’s not only for taste but many people rely on these foods in their struggling phase. so if you are new to the city below are 7 popular street food in Mumbai.
Vada Pav – Whenever I think of street food in Mumbai first thing that comes to my mind is Vada Pav. Vada Pav is very popular street food in Mumbai. People love to eat vada pav as morning breakfast or in lunch or snacks or at dinner. Vadas are made with mashed boiled potatoes with garlic, green chillies, curry leaves, coriander leaves, besan (gram flour) as main ingredients. Sukha garlic-coconut chutney along with salted fried green chillies and chutneys are served with vada pav.
Pani Puri – Pani Puri is almost everyone’s favorite. Cooked chickpeas or boiled potato or sprouts or salted boondies are first put into crispy puries and then filled with tangy, spicy chatpata water which makes it just awesome. There are variations in pani puri but all of them are mouthwatering. Pani puri lovers hangout with their friends, relatives to eat pani puri. Pani puri lovers also have pani puri competition.
Pav Bhaji – Another popular street food in Mumbai. There are very popular pav bhaji stalls in juhu. Pav bhaji is basically Indian bread with bhaji mashed vegetables cooked with pav bhaji masala and butter topped with chopped coriander leaves, chopped onion, butter and lemon juice. Dish is very tasty and stomach filling hence used as meal also.
Dabeli – Dabeli is also one of the popular street food in Mumbai which was originated in kutch. Dabeli filling has mashed potato cooked with spices, topped with pomegranates, grapes, fresh coriander leaves then roasted peanuts in masala and sev on top of it. Pav is cut horizontally in the centre and then tamarind chutney and garlic chutney are applied to the pav and then dabeli filling is put inside the pav and pav is heated with butter on it. Butter melts on the pav making Dabeli little crunchy and crispy from outside with soft mashed potatoes, little juicy because of grapes and pomegranates, peanuts give nutty texture and taste with sev and coriander leaves altogether just amazing taste.
Egg Bhurji Pav – There are many popular places in Mumbai to eat bhurji pav. This dish is very quick, easy and tasty made with few ingredients easily available. Egg, onion, tomato are the main ingredients. Egg bhurji pav is stomach filling dish hence used as breakfast, lunch, snack or dinner.
Dosa – Most popular among street food. Dosa is South Indian dish made with fermented batter. Rice and black gram ( urad dal) are main ingredients. Dosa is similar to crepe crispy like wafer from outside with filling served with coconut chutney and sambar. There are varieties of dosas available on stalls on streets sada dosa, masala dosa, mysore masala dosa, chinese dosa, etc.
Bombay Toast Sandwich – Sandwich mashed potato masala is prepared which placed between two slices of bread along with tomato, cucumber, capsicum and onion thin slices. Inner Slices of bread are applied with butter and green sandwich chutney. Sandwich is then toasted with the help of toaster and toped with sauce. You will enjoy sandwich hot with chutney inside bread and juicy salad.
How To Make Veg Manchurian Fried Rice (Chinese Food Recipe):
- Wash and cut 1/2 cup chopped cabbage, 1/4 cup carrots, 1/4 cup capsicum.
- Take all veggies in a bowl.
Add 1/4 cup sprouts and mix.
- Now add 1 tablespoon soya sauce, 1 1/2 tablespoon all purpose flour (maida) and 2 tablespoon corn flour, 1 tablespoon red chilly sauce, salt and mix.
- Apply little water to your hand and make round manchurian balls of mixture.
- Heat oil in a kadai and fry manchurian balls on low flame.
Gravy for manchurian:
- Heat 2 tablespoon oil in a kadai.
- Put 1 tablespoon finely chopped ginger and 1 tablespoon finely chopped garlic.
- Fry for 2-3 seconds and then add 1 small sliced onion and stir.
- Now add 1/2 sliced medium size green capsicum and stir.
- Add 1 1/2 tablespoon soya sauce, 1 tablespoon red chilly sauce, 1 tablespoon vinegar and 1 tablespoon green chilly sauce and mix.
- Add water and fried manchurian balls and stir.
- Add little salt as our soya sauce already has salt in it.
- Stir the manchurian gravy now add 1/2 tablespoon corn flour in 2 tablespoon water and put into the gravy.
- Put cooked rice and stir gently.
Our manchurian rice is ready.
How To Make Veg Fried Rice:
- Wash and finely chop the vegetables (french beans, carrots, cabbage, spring onion, capsicum and broccoli.
- Finely chop garlic, ginger and green chillies.
- Cook one cup rice and keep aside. Rice for fried rice should not be too soft and it should not stick to each other. You you have left over rice you can also use it.
- Now heat 2-3 tablespoon oil in a wok or non stick pan. The flame should be high.
- Put chopped garlic, ginger and green chillies and saute for few seconds. In chinese cuisine garlic should not be fully cooked till brown just for few seconds.
- Now quickly add our finely chopped carrots, beans, cabbage and capsicum. Stir on high flame.
- Then add chopped spring onion and saute the vegetables till they turn little crispy. They should not be soft nor turn brown just little crunch is required.
- Now put our cooked rice and mix from sides such that our rice doesn’t break.
- Season with some salt and 1 tablespoon soya sauce. Our soya sauce already has salt so put less salt.
- Mix slightly again and put spring onions on top. Serve hot.