Ingredients For Lagan Nu Achar
|Grated Carrots||250-300 gms (3 Medium Size)|
|White Vinegar||200-250 gms approx|
|Ginger Julians||1 Tablespoon|
|Dry Red Chillies||5-6|
|Salt||1/2 Teaspoon or Less|
|Garam Masala||1 Teaspoon|
Lagan Nu Achar is pickle prepared during Parsi wedding. Pickle has sweetness of carrots and jaggery, sourness of vinegar, and spices added to it, altogether a good combination and taste. Parsi food is known for its taste.
How To Make Lagan Nu Achar:
- Soak apricots, dry dates, raisins, figs in half vinegar overnight. Plum and boras are also used in this pickle so if its available with you use it along with these dry fruits.
- Wash peel and grate 3 medium carrots approx 250-300 gms next day morning.
- Cut jaggery into small pieces.
Crush cinnamon, cardamon and cloves together.
- Take grated carrots in a vessel along with jaggery and 2 tablespoon sugar.
- Put remaining vinegar in the vessel and on low flame cook the mixture till carrots become soft.
- Now add 4-5 dry red chillies and 1 teaspoon cumin seeds. Mostly small round chillies are used in this recipe but as I couldn’t find it so I am using normal dry chillies.
- Put 1 tablespoon ginger julians and mix. I am not adding garlic here if you want you can add crushed garlic here along with ginger.
- Put little salt and 1 teaspoon garam masala powder.
- Now add crushed cinnamon, cardamon and clove powder in it.
Cook lagan nu achar till it becomes thick.
- Switch off the flame. Once achar cools down store it in air tight container.