Ingredients For Maach Jhor
|Small Fish||500 gms|
|Onions||3 Medium Size|
|Coriander Leaves||Few Strands|
|Tamarind (Optional)||Very Small Ball|
|Turmeric Powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Salt||As Per Taste|
|Cumin Seeds||1/2 Teaspoon|
|Curry Leaves||3-4 Springs|
|Coriander Powder||1 1/2 Teaspoon|
|Red Chilli Powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Oil||As Per Requirement|
Small Fish Curry Recipe:
- First clean the fish by cutting slightly below head near neck and remove the impurities inside fish.
- Wash all the fish with water and keep aside.
- Put little turmeric powder and little salt and mix all the fish such that all the fish (maach) is coated with turmeric and salt nicely.
- We marinade chicken, mutton and fish with turmeric because removes infections.
- Heat oil in kadai for frying small fishes.
- Put small fishes in batches in hot oil and deep fry from both the sides till the fish turns crispier.
- Instead of deep frying people also shallow fry fish but you get little different taste in curry. Its upto you if you want to keep fish soft or crispy but as we have small fishes so it becomes little difficult to turn fish to other side it might break.
- So I m deep frying the fishes from both the sides till crisp.
- Once all fishes are fried, remove and keep aside in plate.
- Now put some cumin seeds in hot oil.
- As soon as cumin starts cracking put chopped onions and fry till translucent.
- Now break and put curry leaves and give it a stir.
- Put grinded masala and keep stiring for 2-3 minutes.
- Add 1 chopped tomato and cook for more 2 minute.
- Now add dry spices turmeric powder, coriander powder, red chilly powder and stir for a minute.
- Now add 2 glass of water and mix.
Add salt and mix again.
- Put fried fishes in the curry, stir and cook for 10-15 minutes.
- Switch of the flame and serve small fish curry with steamed rice.