|Moong Dal||1 and 1/2 cup approx 125 grams|
|Carom Seeds||1/2 teaspoon|
|Salt||As per taste|
|Red Chilly Powder||1/4 teaspoon|
|Black Pepper Powder (Optional)||1/4 teaspoon|
|Oil||As per requirement|
How To Make Moong Dal Pakodas / Pakoras:
- Clean, wash and soak 1 1/2 cup moon dal i.e approx (125 grams) for 5-6 hours.
- Once the dal is soaked well grind it with small piece of ginger, 1 green chilly and 1/4 teaspoon carom seeds into a fine smooth paste with the help of very little water, 1 or 2 tablespoon.
- Now remove the grinded dal paste from grinder and transfer it to another bowl.
- Add 1/4 teaspoon red chilly powder, salt and pinch of carom seeds.
- Now add 2 tablespoon rice flour and mix everything.
- Heat the oil for frying pakodas.
- Once oil is hot enough, with the help of spoon take small portion of batter and put it in oil slowly. While putting batter in oil lower your flame and put the batter slowly so that oil doesn’t pop out.
- Once you have added the batter in oil you can increase the flames to medium.
- Fry pakoras from both the sides till crisp.
- Repeat the process of frying pakoras in batches till you are done with the entire batter.
- Sprinkle some red chilly powder and black pepper powder on fried pakoras and serve it with your favourite green chutney. You can also serve it plain without sprinkling masala on it. Plain pakoras also taste good.