Ingredients For Boiling
Pav Bhaji is one of the popular food in Mumbai. As pav bhaji is stomach filling recipe it is eaten in breakfast, lunch, snack or dinner any time. Mixed vegetables are boiled, mashed and cooked along with aromatic pav bhaji masala into a thick gravy. Gravy is topped with butter and served with pav. Chopped onion and lemon wedges are also served with pav bhaji.
How To Make Mumbai Style Pav Bhaji:
- Wash, clean and boil 3 potatoes along with veggies (capsicum, cauliflower, peas and carrot).
- Keep 3/4 th to 1 cup chopped vegetables ( cauliflower, capsicum, carrot and peas) aside.
- Remove skin of boiled potatoes and mash it.
- Heat oil in a pan.
- Put 1/2 teaspoon cumin seeds.
- Once cumin seeds starts cracking put 1 chopped onion and fry till slightly cooked.
- Add 1 tablespoon ginger-garlic paste and stir till raw smell of ginger-garlic goes away.
- Now add cup of chopped bhajis (capsicum, carrot, cauliflower and peas) and cook it for 2-3 minutes.
- Add 2-3 chopped tomatoes and let it cook for sometime.
- Now add boiled bhaji (vegetables) and mashed potatoes.
- Add turmeric powder, salt and 2 tablespoon pav bhaji masala to the bhaji and stir continously.
- Keep mashing the vegetables and stiring continously.
- Add some water, mix and mash.
- Put chopped coriander leaves, mix and keep mashing the vegetables.
- Add 1 tablespoon butter to the bhaji.
- Switch off the flame.
- In another pan or tava heat 1 tablespoon butter and pinch of pav bhaji masala.
- Place pavs on it and slightly press and move the pavs so that it gets the flavor of masala and butter.
- Serve pav bhaji with extra butter in bhaji if you want along with chopped onion and lemon wedges.